Feet are always under some kind of assault. Whether we’re walking barefoot or have some kind of tight shoes on, or just walking period, our feet have to put up with a lot from most of us. At a certain point, they just can’t take it any more, and start looking pretty bad. But since many people, both men and women, like to walk around with parts of their feet exposed, here are some tips for making your feet more beautiful.
1. Stop wearing very tight shoes. Women sometimes think squeezing their feet into smaller shoes will make their feet look smaller. Instead, it usually makes their feet swell, and they have problems walking. You might need to go to a professional to have your feet measured so you can find the proper size for you. These days, there are so many styles of shoes for all sizes of feet that everyone can look good and glamorous in shoes that actually fit.
2. Take your shoes off and give them some air when you’re home. There’s no sense in walking around in your shoes while you’re in your own home. Even if you don’t have carpet down, buy some house slippers to wear, and make sure you have plenty of room and that they’re soft and comfortable.
3. Soak your feet from time to time in oils. Nothing makes your feet feel like you’re pampering them as much as soaking them in some oil or salts. Make sure the water is warm, because that works best, and you’ll find that it makes the rest of you feel pretty calm also.
4. Get a pedicure/foot massage. Some people you go to will do both, but there’s nothing wrong with pampering your feet by paying someone else to do it from time to time. The thing to watch out for with a pedicure is that sometimes the people doing it can be moving so fast that they’ll nick you. That’s never pleasant. However, finding someone who can give you a soothing foot massage without hurting you will feel wonderful.
5. Wear socks instead of hose whenever you can. Although socks seem more bulky, feet actually breathe better in socks than they do in hose. That, plus socks have more cushion, therefore protect your feet better in shoes. They look horrible in heels, but work great in flat shoes and sneakers.
6. Get your toenails painted. Adding a little bit of style to your feet can take other people’s eyes away from the rest of your foot if your feet don’t look great. You can get colors or patterns of any type, and being creative has never hurt anyone.
7. Do some foot stretching. Even taking care of your feet, sometimes they can get cramps. Stretching your feet not only makes them feel better, but it can help your calves loosen up also, and it helps to relieve the tightness if you happen to have, or be heading towards, plantar fasciitis.
Taking these steps towards protecting your feet will make your feet want to thank you, and it will feel good.