Shiny hair is most often associated with the idea of a healthy hair. Movie stars, models and a lot of other celebrities invest a lot of money in their image, and mostly in their hair. Don’t think that all the public faces we see on TV were born with incredible locks. You can have a glamorous look quite easy, and cheap if using natural products that you can find at any time in your own kitchen.
Here are some tips that will help you get a shiny, healthy looking hair:
- Try a hair mask made of eggs and olive oil. This is an old, but efficient recipe for all hair types. If you have a short hair you should use two eggs, if your hair is long use three eggs. Here is how you prepare the mask: you mix the eggs with two table spoons of olive oil (or just one spoon of olive oil if you have an oily hair type). Then you apply this mixture on your hair, beginning with the roots and down to the ending of the hair. You should leave this hair mask on for about 30 minutes. Then wash your hair with your regular shampoo and dry it gently.
- The simple avocado mask. Avocado is a great nourishing fruit for hair so you can use it by its own for treating your hair. Mash one avocado (or two if you have a long hair) in any bowl you have around in the kitchen and do that until you get a thick paste. Apply this paste from root to tip and wait for 20-30 minutes. After you are done with that you can wash your hair as you normally do each time.
- Coconut oil. This solution is most ideal for women who have a dry hair type or have a severely damaged hair. If you have an oily hair type you should not use coconut oil as it will only make your hair even oilier. So, first you should prepare a warm/hot towel (depending on how you can stand the heat) as you will wrap your hair with it after applying the mask. Then warm up three or four spoons of coconut oil and prepare for applying it on your hair. The coconut oil can be applied quite easy if using a comb. So, apply a little bit of coconut oil on the roots and then gently comb your hair so that you spread the oil till the tip of the hair. After finishing this, wrap the hair in the hot towel and wait for 30 minutes to pass. Afterwards you should wash you hair with shampoo and rinse it very well.
- Apple cider vinegar. This is a great solution for women who have oily hair. After washing your hair with your regular shampoo and rinsing it with water, you should rinse your hair again with a solution made of half a cup of apple cider vinegar and one quart of water. After drying your hair you will notice that it looks shinier and it seems softer than before.
- Good old lemon. Lemon is a great allied for blonde locks. After washing your hair with shampoo and rinsing it with warm water as you normally do, rinse it one more time with a solution made of one lemon’s juice and one glass of water. Your hair will look a lot shinier and will also get blonder after repeating this procedure in the next days.