Body Odor represents a particular circumstance in which an unpleasant smell is associated with the body of an individual. Some think that perspiration or sweat causes odor but it is actually the bacterium residing on the sweat which lead to the foul smell. There are several reasons as to why this problem occurs and there are several home remedies for curing it too. Some of them are mentioned as follows:
- A natural remedy for body odor involves eating half gram wheat grass and drinking a glass of water daily at the time of waking up. Wheat contains chlorophyll which can reduce the bacteria associated with odor.
- Baking soda can be applied to feet and armpit region to minimize the amount of odor experienced. The sufferer can also go for white vinegar and/or alcohol to wash his/her armpits.
- Another home remedy which can also remove the requirement of a deodorant involves putting few drops of rose water in the water prior to taking a bath. Moreover, cider vinegar should be preferred instead of a deodorant as it eliminates the odor and also reduces skin’s pH level.
- As more sweating is experienced in summers, it is best to go for multiple showers a day. The sufferer can also make his/her own home made deodorant. A juice of 20 or so radishes and half teaspoon of glycerin should be put in a bottle with a spray top. This has become a very good homemade deodorant.
- Deodorants should be avoided in areas of high precipitation and talcum or baby powder should be used instead. If one wishes to, then he/she can make homemade deodorants. An effective deodorant includes mixing an ounce of water with few drops of essential oil and tea tree.
- Another home remedy involves mixing few drops of essential oil in 30 mm water. This mixture should be applied on underarms to reduce the odor experienced. Another method is to applying some white vinegar to the affected area. The smell of vinegar vanishes pretty fast and the individual would be odor free in minutes.
- It is seen that turnip juice can reduce the occurrence of underarm odor for several hours. The juice can be made by rubbing grated pieces of turnip on the armpits.