Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever is an allergy to pollens mostly seen during the haying season and sometimes even throughout the year. The most common cause of hay fever are the tiny and almost invisible pollens of the plants that are pollinated by wind such as pine, cedar, olive, birch, plane, willow, rye grass, timothy, and weeds like mugwort, ragweed, Fat hen and sorrel. But in more than 90% of the cases hay fever is caused due to grass pollens.
The various symptoms of hay fever are runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, coughing, headache, sore throat, fatigue etc. There are various natural remedies that cure Hay fever effectively. Below are some of the best natural remedies for Hay fever:
- Boil lemon and grapefruit and mince tem well. Add some honey to the minced paste and take it at least three times a day.
- Take a hot water inhalation with the water that is boiled with chamomile. This remedy gives great relief and can be done at least 2-3 times a day.
- Applying pure petroleum jelly inside the nose helps in controlling the irritation and itching sensation in the nose very effectively.
- Drinking herbal tea everyday is very effective in controlling all the symptoms of Hay fever.
- Vitamin C rich foods like Lemon and other citrus fruits should be taken in generous amounts.
- Consuming a tablespoon of pure honey everyday reduces the chances of getting hay fever very much. It is best taken early in the morning on empty stomach.
- Taking raw and fresh minced garlic gives a lot of relief from all the symptoms. You might even consume garlic by adding it in your foods.
- Calcium and protein rich foods like soy milk, dark green leafy vegetables and live organic yogurt help very much in controlling hay fever.
Hay fever can be prevented with various simple tips. Pollen in the air is higher during windy, dry and hot climatic conditions than damp cool and rainy climates avoiding excess exposure to the outside atmosphere early in the morning and late in the evenings can protect you from harmful pollens.